Fire prevention in the workplace is essential regardless what time of year it is. However, as the seasons change you may need to alter some of your fire prevention strategies to adjust to the changing weather. In this case, spring is a vital time of year for fire prevention and to ensure your employees and customers who visit your business are safe and protected.
Benefits of Spring Fire Prevention
You may think that the wintertime is essential for fire prevention tips, due to holiday lights and heaters, however, springtime has its risks, too. When you take part in spring fire prevention strategies, you can be ready should anything occur in your workplace. Let’s face it. Nobody likes to think about fires occurring. However, should this situation arise, being prepared is key!
A benefit of spring fire prevention is that you get your business ready for the new season. You take into account fire safety tips that are relevant during the warmer weather season and are well prepared to deal with these issues as they arise.
6 Spring Fire Safety Tips
Ready to prepare your business with spring fire prevention tips? Here are seven spring fire safety tips to put into motion:
- Test your smoke alarms: Every spring and fall, you should check your smoke alarms to ensure the batteries are working.
- Don’t overload electrical sockets: Take a walk around your office to ensure no outlets or extension cords are overloaded. Extension cords should be temporary power sources.
- Keep exits and stairways clear: Make sure your fire exits, regular exits, and stairways are clear of clutter.
- Check your fire prevention plan: Review your fire prevention and evacuation plan to make updates as necessary.
- Make sure appliances are turned off: Always turn off appliances, such as coffeemakers, fans, etc., at the end of the day.
- Fire extinguisher training: Ensure all your employees have fire extinguisher training and knowledge of the fire evacuation plan.