If you own a restaurant or other type of commercial food facility, you need to follow certain guidelines for the proper and legal operation of your business. One inspection many restaurants and food facilities must go through is the kitchen fire suppression system inspection. This inspection ensures your kitchen area has the right fire suppression system in place that’s in good working order.
Frequency of Kitchen Fire Suppression System Inspections
According to NFPA 96, your kitchen fire suppression system should be inspected every six months and completed by a licensed fire protection company. It’s vital to have a fire protection company check your kitchen fire suppression system periodically. Otherwise, you risk not properly stopping any fires that may start, which could cause serious harm to people in the building and extensive property damage.
Risk of not Preparing for Your Inspection
Before your fire suppression system inspection appointment, you should prepare for the event. If you’re not prepared for your inspection, your kitchen may not pass the fire suppression system inspection. Also, if you don’t have the area ready for the inspector, they may not be able to inspect at all.
Five Ways to Prepare for the Kitchen Fire Suppression System Inspection
Make sure you take the following five steps to prepare for your inspection appointment:
- Schedule the inspection at a time when your restaurant is closed.
- Make sure all cooking equipment is cool and not in use.
- Notify all people in the building that the fire alarm won’t be operational during the kitchen fire suppression system inspection.
- Make sure your kitchen vent hood system is cleaned before the inspection and do so regularly to ensure proper operation.
- Use a kitchen fire suppression system inspection checklist to make sure you follow all directions before the appointment.
If you follow these five steps in preparation for your upcoming appointment, the inspection will likely be quick, easy, and successful.
Contact Total Fire Protection Today
If it’s almost time to have your kitchen fire suppression system inspected, trust this important job to Total Fire Protection. Our experienced and professional team is well-versed in this type of inspection and will ensure your kitchen fire suppression system is in proper working order.