Local Law 26: Photoluminescent Lighting and Egress
Local Law 26 requires New York City buildings to have visible Photoluminescent Egress Markers. This glow in the dark material is designed to help tenants escape and provide visibility during blackouts, fires or any other type of emergency. This material contain chemicals capable of absorbing and storing energy from daylight or artificial lighting. These markers are required in office buildings, hotels, schools and universities--over 75 feet in height--in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx and Staten Island. Our markers:
- Are tested to ensure the same performance as electrical emergency lighting.
- Have all the required markings.
- Pass the “five tests” required by Local Law 26 including brightness, washability, non-toxicity, non-radioactivity, surface flammability.
- Are self-illuminating and non-toxic.
- Require no hazardous material disposal.
- Are tested to ensure they illuminate even the darkest or smoke-filled areas.
- Are customized to compliment your interior décor.
- Can be installed by customers or by Total Fire Protection’s professional technicians.
We use the highest quality brand name manufacturers, so you know that you are adhering to Local Law 26. These include:
- Perma Light
- G-Lo Brite
- Glow Zone
- Sate Sign
See above for the relevant code. Call Total Fire Protection today to schedule a complimentary survey of your premises. We can help you comply with Local Law 26 today.