There are certain items you should have in your office in the case of an emergency. A first aid kit is an ideal place to store all these emergency items so you know exactly where they are when and if you need them. As we start the new year, now is a great time to take a look at your first aid kit and make sure you have all the items you need to keep your employees safe and cared for in the case of an emergency.
Benefits of Refreshing Your First Aid Kits
First aid kits see some use every once in a while and it’s a good idea to look at these office items periodically to make sure they are fully stocked and contain products that aren’t expired. Here are a few benefits to refreshing your first aid kits:
- You’ll see what items are missing when you check on the first aid kits to refresh them
- You can check on expiration dates of first aid products
- You can update your kit with new items it may not have had in it previously
As you can see, there are many benefits to checking your first aid kit periodically and refreshing it as needed.
Risk of Not Checking and Refreshing Your Kits
There are also risks to not checking and refreshing first aid kits in the office. Here are some of the risks to not checking your kit and adding items as needed:
- You may be missing important items in your kit
- Products may be expired which could make them less effective
- You may need a greater volume of first aid products than what you had in there before due to an increase in employees in your office and won’t have enough items if you need them
With all this in mind, now’s an ideal time to look at your office first aid kits and add items to them as necessary.
What Your 2022 First Aid Kit Should Include
So, now that you know why it’s important to check and refresh the first aid kits in your business, what should the first aid kit include? Here are some must-have items in your office first aid kit:
- 4×4 inch gauze pads
- 8×10 inch large gauze pads
- One gauze roller bandage
- Two triangle bandages
- Wound cleaning product in the form of sealed towelettes
- Latex gloves
- Adhesive tape
- Elastic wraps
- Resuscitation equipment
- Directions for first aid administration and requesting emergency assistance
When you stock these items in your kit, you’ll be ready should a first aid issue arise in the workplace.